10 Amazing Things YOU Made Happen in 2017…
The following are just 10 examples of the many ways in which your contributions have provided opportunities for our community to thrive this year. And your gifts today will always create impact for many years to come. Together we can ensure that there will always be funds available to meet the future’s pressing needs and promising opportunities. With YOU we can guarantee that we are HERE for Good.
- The Historic Masonic Temple has a new roof which makes the building sustainable for many more years of arts and culture opportunities.
- Individuals with disabilities participated in endurance races for the first time in their lives thanks to a new running chair for the Great Lakes Bay chapter of myTeam Triumph.
- Fifth-graders from Bangor Township Schools used a 3-D printer to learn new skills by printing a working arm and hand for a woman in the community.
- Girls gained confidence and learned healthy habits in Bay and Arenac counties through a grant for Underground Railroad’s Girls on the Run program.
- More than 1,000 students received a full outfit for their first day back to school through the United Way’s Helen Wirt Lee Back to School Program.
- 320 students received 371 scholarships totaling $459,744 to help with college tuition. The Great Lakes Bay College & Career Resource Center promotes post-secondary education and assists students in achieving their academic goals.
- Campers at Camp Fish Tales can now rise to new challenges with a climbing wall that is safe for children and adolescents with disabilities.
- A new community writing center offers free tutoring and writing workshops through Saginaw Valley State University at the Alice & Jack Wirt Public Library.
- More than 90 dogs were vaccinated, put into foster homes, and saved from euthanasia through the Humane Society of Bay County.
- A local high school student’s artwork now decorates the west side underpass of Veterans Memorial Bridge through a collaboration with Studio 23/The Arts Center.
Make a gift today by sending a check, calling us at 989-893-4438, or donating via the link below. If you wish, we can work with you and your financial advisor to help you make a gift through a bequest, life insurance policy, or other planned gift. For more information, call Lisa Bourdon-Krause at 989-893-4438.
We ask you to continue this legacy of good work by making your gift
to the Bay Area Community Foundation today.