Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarship Program
Since 1985, the Bay Area Community Foundation has been awarding scholarships to students who live in Bay County and surrounding counties. The scholarships are awarded through donor sponsored endowment funds established by the Bay Area Community Foundation. These funds are created by families, civic organizations, and businesses in the area.
The Foundation’s first endowed Scholarship Fund started in 1984. The first scholarship was awarded in 1985 for $300 to a Pinconning High School Senior. Since then, the Foundation has awarded over $3 million to more than 4,000 students.
- Two letters of recommendation – at least one letter must be school-related and one letter may be personal or professional.
- A “portrait” of the applicant.
- A copy of your current transcript.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive free PELL grant information and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. The FAFSA is available October 1, 2016 – March 1, 2017, but the sooner you submit it, the better. Both parent and student 2015 income taxes are needed to file. Be sure to file the 2017-2018 FAFSA. There are three forms of confirmation pages that can be accepted, but we only need one: the page that is displayed immediately after submission, the email that is sent to you after submission, or the first page of your Student Aid Report (SAR). Be sure to include your name on this page if it is not already on there.
- Write an essay describing your most meaningful achievement(s), how they relate to your future goals, and why you are deserving of a scholarship. Essay must be between 2,500-3,000 characters (spaces do count).