The Bay Commitment Scholarship was established in 2008, by the Bay Area Community Foundation, to create a sustainable scholarship program. The program’s goal is to encourage first-generation students in Bay County to earn a post secondary education.
Students applying for these scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent that the student lives with has not obtained a Bachelors Degree)
- Have lived within the Bay County school district borders for 6 years
- Have attended Bay County high schools for all 4 years of high school.
- Attend either Delta College or Saginaw Valley State University for a minimum of 9 credit hours the proceeding fall.
- Meet all high school graduation requirements and receive a diploma from a Bay County high school by June of their applying year.
- Submit a scholarship application and essay to Bay Area Community Foundation by the first Monday in March.
Scholarship recipients will be announced each May, and will be presented with the scholarship at an awards ceremony to be held May 15, 2018 at First Presbyterian Church in Bay City.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Bay Commitment Scholarship, students must complete the Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarship Application. Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be available December 1, 2017. Please make sure the Bay Commitment Scholarship is selected.
Please review all of the Bay Area Community Foundation’s scholarships. The Bay Commitment Scholarship is likely not the only scholarship for which you qualify. Click here to view all Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarships.