General Scholarship Application Instructions
- Create a scholarship application login (the link can be found at the bottom of this page). NOTE: Returning users must create a new login for this year due to a new application program.
- The last step before submitting will include selecting up to 15 scholarships. It is important to read the criteria for all scholarships in advance. You will not be able to select your scholarships until your application is complete and you are ready to submit.
- Pay close attention to the scholarships that require additional information or attachments: Alpha Delta Kappa, Auburn Jaycees, Alan L. Bryant Leadership, Bay County Medical Society Alliance, James T. Doyle, Paul B. Grein and Jodi Peplinski.
- An essay is required and must be between 2,500-3,000 characters. Spaces do count as characters. The essay will ask you to describe your most meaningful achievement(s), how they relate to your future goals, and why you are deserving of a scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. At least one letter must be school-related and one letter may be personal or professional.
- A “portrait”, of the applicant, must be uploaded. (No “selfies!”)
- A copy of your current high school or college transcript must be provided.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive free PELL grant information and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number to input on the financial tab. Please send your FAFSA submission confirmation page to the Foundation as part of your application materials. Be sure to include your name on this page.
- After selecting your scholarships and providing all attachments you must click the submit button. Incomplete or late applications will NOT be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS.
If you have questions about the criteria, qualifications or submitting your FAFSA, please contact The Great Lakes Bay College Resource Center by calling (989) 893-6026, emailing Renee Courier, or emailing Stacey Skorupski.
Selection of scholarship recipients will be based upon each scholarship’s specific selection criteria. The final awards are based on the recommendations of the Foundation’s scholarship advisory committees. Except for scholarships restricted to special populations, all awards are made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion or national origin.
Upload all attachments to the attachment page or mail to the Bay Area Community Foundation,
1000 Adams St., Bay City, MI 48708.