Amid rising concerns about COVID-19, a coalition of Bay County philanthropy, government, educational, and business partners have come together to provide a coordinated response to COVID-19.
A COVID-19 Response Fund has been established for both Bay and Arenac counties. The purpose of this fund is to gather contributions for rapid deployment to community-based organizations who are working on the frontlines to ensure:
- appropriate steps are taken to control the outbreak,
- our children are cared for, and
- emergency needs of our neighbors and families are met.
The fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand local capacity to address this unprecedented situation, particularly among those who are disproportionately impacted by the virus and the economic consequences of this outbreak. Contributions to the fund can be made online at www.bayfoundation.org or via mail (payable to BACF with COVID-19 and either Bay or Arenac noted in memo line) at 1000 Adams Street, Suite 200, Bay City, MI 48708. Please call 989-893-4438 with questions. https://www.youtube.com/embed/Iqte5gnW3jw
The Coalition Is:
- Exploring ways to fill funding gaps and support the community in partnership with health and human service agencies, school districts and municipalities.
- Keeping lines of communication open among key stakeholders to ensure a unified response.
- Ensuring 2-1-1 Northeast Michigan is prepared to respond as needed and is working with referral partners to get a sense of how they are intending to respond.
- Coordinating with schools, nonprofits, and community partners to assist with alternative distribution plans.
- Convening stakeholders to discuss immediate and long-term solutions.
How You Can Help:
- Follow all guidelines presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/), Bay County Health Department (https://www.baycounty-mi.gov/Health/Coronavirus.aspx), and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus)
- Donate to the COVID-19 Community Response Fund for Bay and Arenac counties at www.bayfoundation.org
- Sign up to volunteer in the community through the United Way’s volunteer form.
Do you need help?
211 Northeast Michigan connects people in need with people who can help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you or someone you know is in need of services, please call 2-1-1 or visit https://www.211nemichigan.org/.
Bay Area Chamber of Commerce
Bay Area Community Foundation
Bay Arenac Intermediate School District
Bay City Public School
Bay County Health Department
City of Bay City
McLaren Bay Region
Michigan Sugar Company
United Way of Bay County