Dear Nonprofit Partners,
From closed offices and cancelled fundraising events to adapting programming for the digital landscape, we know that our local nonprofits are feeling the effects of COVID-19 in varying ways, both big and small. Perhaps operations have already shifted, or perhaps you’re only starting to experience the longer-term implications. Here at the Community Foundation, we are listening and working through ways to best serve you. Know that the work you do is important and that together, we will see our community through this.
Nonprofit Operating Support Loan Program
We have established a loan program in recognition of the importance of area nonprofits in our community’s long-term recovery. Critical support will be available to organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to the local community and which contribute to the community fabric, social safety net, or unique sense of place in Bay or Arenac counties. Prudent fiscal management is required.
Total Funding Available: $250,000
Deadline: Nonprofits must submit requests by the 1st of each month. Bay Area Community Foundation will review and approve requests within 30 days and distribute funds within 10 days of approval.
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations only—in Bay and Arenac counties (Michigan)
- 2-year term
- 0% for 12 months, 1% thereafter with interest accruing from date of loan origination
- No prepayment penalty
- No administrative fees
- Loan amounts are not to exceed $20,000 per request. This is the stated maximum. It does not guarantee that the full amount will be awarded.
- These funds are not intended to start new programs. However, these funds are not restricted and can be used to supplement the organization’s greatest needs, including operations.
- Nonprofit positively contributes to community fabric, social safety net, or unique sense of place in Bay County or Arenac County. Importance of organization to long-term community recovery.
- Demonstrated long-term commitment to community
- Good fiscal management (history of emergencies, etc.). Steps organization has taken to survive the pandemic.
- Ability to repay
- Has organization applied for federal/state dollars?
- Forecasted revenue loss since March 16
Semiannual Grants Continue
The next semiannual grant application period opens on January 11, 2021. Applications are due by March 8, 2021. Grant awards will be announced mid-May.
National Council of Nonprofits: The National Council of Nonprofits has created a listing of valuable resources for nonprofits during the coronavirus outbreak. Visit the site for information about loan programs, new federal laws, and available relief programs.
Please visit Reopen Bay County to view guidelines about reopening our area put together by Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, Bay Future, and Bay County, in conjunction with the experts at the Bay County Health Department.