Each spring, Bay Area Community Foundation grants out nearly half a million dollars in scholarships to our local Bay and Arenac county students and residents looking to return to school. This year, the online scholarship application is due on Monday, February 6.
Scholarships are available for:
- high school students (at high schools in Bay or Arenac counties)
- adult students or adults returning to school (that are residents of Bay or Arenac counties)
- current college students from Bay or Arenac counties
- students pursuing skilled trades or certificates
Bay Area Community Foundation offers hundreds of scholarships for every kind of student, for a vast array of study focuses, and for a number of different schools. Some or our scholarships are very specific while others have less requirements to meet.
By completing one application, each student is eligible for up to 15 different scholarships. Each applicant must include the following items in the application:
- Two letters of recommendation: One letter must be school-related; one letter may be either personal or professional
- A copy of your transcript
- Completed FAFSA and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number: We will need one form of confirmation of completion. Please ensure your name is on it.
- An essay between 2,500-3,000 characters (spaces count): What is your most meaningful achievement? How does it relate to your future goals? Why are you deserving of a scholarship?
- A “portrait” photo: This will be used for a scholarship booklet and presentation announcing the awards. It will not be used in the process to determine awards. If you do not supply a quality photo, you may not appear in the booklet. Photos must show your face clearly. Many students use their senior photos. However, please note that we cannot legally print any photos that still contain a watermark or logo of the photographer. If your senior photos are not ready at the time of application, please attach another acceptable photo and send in the new photo when it is ready.