Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarship Program
Education is a priority for a prospering community. Thanks to our generous donors, Bay Area Community Foundation awards hundreds of scholarships each year to college-bound students and individuals pursuing skilled trades or other certificates.
The Foundation’s first endowed scholarship fund started in 1984 and was awarded for the first time in 1985: $300 to a Pinconning High School senior. Since then, BACF has awarded over $3 million to more than 4,000 students throughout Bay and Arenac
Who is eligible?
Students who are eligible live in Bay or Arenac County and fall into one of the categories below:
- High school graduates
- Adult or returning students
- Current college students
- Students pursuing skilled trades or certificates
- First-generation college students
When can you apply?
Applications for our BACF scholarships are available each year on November 1 and are due on the first Monday in February.
What you need to apply
By filling out one online application, you can apply for numerous scholarships at one time. To help prepare for the scholarship application, you can begin to gather the following items:
- A copy of your transcript
- Completed FAFSA and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number: We will need one form of confirmation of completion. Please ensure your name is on it. [Click here to learn more about the application process and the required documentation]
- An essay between 2,500-3,000 characters (spaces count): What is your most meaningful achievement? How does it relate to your future goals? Why are you deserving of a scholarship?
- A “portrait” photo: This will be used for a scholarship booklet and presentation announcing the awards. It will not be used in the process to determine awards. If you do not supply a quality photo, you may not appear in the booklet. Photos must show your face clearly. Many students use their senior photos. However, please note that we cannot legally print any photos that still contain a watermark or logo of the photographer. If your senior photos are not ready at the time of application, please attach another acceptable photo and send in the new photo when it is ready.
Click the Scholarship Portal Login to apply. Create an account and the system will direct you through the process.
Courage, perseverance, unity, and sacrifice. These are the values Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. espoused in pursuit of democracy for all. Values that
Growing up in an environment where hard work was valued, Ocean-Lea Schrader learned the importance of perseverance. She shares, “If
At the Bay Area Community Foundation (BACF), we believe in the power of community, collaboration and change. Today, we’re sharing
I’m interested in helping others – this is what gets me out of bed in the morning. I’m eager to