Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarship Program
Education is a priority for a prospering community. Thanks to our generous donors, Bay Area Community Foundation awards hundreds of scholarships each year to college-bound students and individuals pursuing skilled trades or other certificates.
The Foundation’s first endowed scholarship fund started in 1984 and was awarded for the first time in 1985: $300 to a Pinconning High School senior. Since then, BACF has awarded over $3 million to more than 4,000 students throughout Bay and Arenac
Who is eligible?
Students who are eligible live in Bay or Arenac County and fall into one of the categories below:
- High school graduates
- Adult or returning students
- Current college students
- Students pursuing skilled trades or certificates
- First-generation college students
When can you apply?
Applications for our BACF scholarships are available each year on November 1 and are due on the first Monday in February.
What you need to apply
By filling out one online application, you can apply for numerous scholarships at one time. To help prepare for the scholarship application, you can begin to gather the following items:
- A copy of your transcript
- Completed FAFSA and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number: We will need one form of confirmation of completion. Please ensure your name is on it. [Click here to learn more about the application process and the required documentation]
- An essay between 2,500-3,000 characters (spaces count): What is your most meaningful achievement? How does it relate to your future goals? Why are you deserving of a scholarship?
- A “portrait” photo: This will be used for a scholarship booklet and presentation announcing the awards. It will not be used in the process to determine awards. If you do not supply a quality photo, you may not appear in the booklet. Photos must show your face clearly. Many students use their senior photos. However, please note that we cannot legally print any photos that still contain a watermark or logo of the photographer. If your senior photos are not ready at the time of application, please attach another acceptable photo and send in the new photo when it is ready.
Click the Scholarship Portal Login to apply. Create an account and the system will direct you through the process.
Empowering Bay County Nonprofits: Introducing the Building Nonprofit Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Awareness Program
The Bay Area Community Foundation (BACF) and the YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region (GLBR) have joined forces to introduce a
Bay County ARPA Childcare Grant Program
Register for the Virtual Information Session – HERE Application Coming Soon! Guidelines FAQ
Celebrating the Success of Bay Commitment Scholarship Recipients in 2023!
We are thrilled to celebrate the exceptional achievements of the Bay Commitment Scholarship recipients of 2023! The Bay Area Community
Give Local Bay 2023: A Community Comes Together to Raise $178,000 for Local Nonprofits
In just 24 hours, the event raised over $178,000, highlighting the generosity and commitment of the local community towards building a brighter future for all.