Everything good begins with the belief that it is possible.
From our donors who believe they can make a difference, to our nonprofit partners who believe they can improve the human condition, you are helping make the Bay Area a better place for generations to come.
It is only through you—our friends and supporters—that the Bay Area Community Foundation was able to invest $1.71 million in grants and scholarships throughout Bay and Arenac counties in 2018.
Your generosity has improved our community by:
- Leading a comprehensive effort to build STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) strength in area schools as a means of powering community prosperity
- Initiating a framework for researchers to develop new pathways for restoration of the Saginaw Bay and its watershed
- Providing access to one-on-one tutoring for young students who struggle with dyslexia
- Preserving our local history by restoring and repairing important historical buildings
- Purchasing diapers, wipes, and baby supplies for families in need
- Offering specialized training opportunities for caregivers of people with dementia
- Promoting fine and performing arts in Bay and Arenac counties—public art installments, performances, art classes, and camps, just to name a few
- Upgrading amenities of our Riverwalk and Railtrail system and at local parks throughout the area
- Outfitting low-income children with new clothes and shoes as they embark on a new school year
It is because of you that this is all possible. We thank you for believing you can make a difference . . . for believing when others may not . . . and for believing in Bay and Arenac counties.
Most importantly, we thank you for believing in the power of community. Together, we will accomplish great things.
Believing the best is yet to come,
Diane Fong and Catherine Washabaugh
BACF President & CEO and Board Chair